“A passionate teacher with deep biblical insight. . .”
I would love to come and speak at your event. I would be happy to partner with you to create an amazing event that is both meaningful and fun.
To inquire about my availability for your next event, email me at email@example.com or call me at 407-719-4490.
Past Speaking Events
This is a sample of the past events where I have spoken:
- Spiritual Care for the Caregiver, Winter Park, FL
- Care of the Soul Retreat, Altamonte Springs, FL
- At-one-ment, Women’s Spiritual Retreat, Berrien Springs, Michigan
- Health Summit, Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training, Orlando, FL
- Abuse Summit, Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart, main presenter, Silver Springs, MD
- Women’s Convention, Orlando, FL
- Wasted Milk and a Nest of Yellow Leaves, Women’s Clergy Conference main presenter, Cohutta Springs, GA
- Disciples of Christ, Deltona, FL
- First Presbyterian Church, DeBary, FL
- South Lancaster SDA Church, South Lancaster, MA
- DeBary-Orange City Church, Orange City, FL
Special Events Presenter (Teas, Luncheons)
- Cup of Faith Tea, DeBary, FL
- Women’s Tea, Apopka, FL
- Women’s Tea, DeLand, FL
- Hope for Hurting Hearts Retreat in CO, FL, IN, IL, KS. NE, MI, ME, and Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Florida Conference Women’s Retreat, High Springs, FL
- Northern New England Women’s Retreat, Weld, ME
Meetings, Seminars, and Workshops
- IL Pastor/Teachers Retreat, Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training, Cicero, IN
- Nebraska Camp Meeting, Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training, Lexington, NE
- Northern New England, Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training, Freeport, ME
- Southern New England Camp Meeting, Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training, South Lancaster, MA
- Numerous Presentations for Women’s and Family Ministries
These are examples of messages Roberta has given. The Bible is the focal point for each message, and messages can be tailored to your specific topics, groups, or Scripture as needed.
Topics for Men and Women – both teens and adults
One of the most difficult things for a Christian is setting God-given boundaries. Consider what boundaries are and how to establish them. Explore how to say, “No.” Probe your beliefs about assertiveness and anger. Consider examples of unhealthy boundaries. Learn how Jesus set boundaries and honored others in boundary setting. Practice the words used in boundary setting.
Everyone has one, but most people don’t know their Personal Mission Statement. Do you know yours? Can you articulate it in one sentence? Does it encompass your whole life? Discovering your personal mission statement is fun, powerful and inspiring. God has a specific reason for creating you. Finding out what that reason is will be a profound experience.
Learn the myths about forgiveness that keep us from truly forgiving. Examine the ten most important truths about forgiveness from the Word. Discover how forgiveness will change your life forever. Uncover how to forgive the hurts we don’t deserve.
Recognize how stress is killing the church. Understand stress as the silent killer. Examine 10 myths about stress. Study what the Word says about stress. Acquire new strategies for sending stress packing. Transform stress into useful energy.
There are so many lies about grief. These lies complicate the process. Hear the research on this vital topic. Learn the truth about grieving and revitalize your life.
Study sacred habits. Examine divine routines. Investigate ways of caring for your spiritual life. The week-end is about reflecting, pondering and imagining – these are soul words. Journaling, remembering, dreams, silence, meditating on the Word, prayer styles and how your personality type affects your prayer life are just some of the topics to be explored. Who could benefit from this retreat? New Christians, caregivers, Christians who are “stuck in a rut” spiritually, and anyone desiring a deeper walk with God.
Topics for Men and Women Ministry Leaders and those Desiring to be Trained in these Areas
Learn ten crazy, but true things about divorce recovery. Discover new reasons to support a Divorce Recovery Ministry in your church. Consider a number of ways your church could actually start such a ministry. (adults – both men and/or women, especially ministry leaders)
Understand the process of healing from abuse and how you can help. What are the wounds of abuse? What causes the wounds? What are the effects of the wounding? What are the first, second, and third stages of healing. Discover how you, as a non-professional, but caring Christian, can help in the healing process? What are general principles of ministry to survivors? How to find a therapist? What are self-care strategies? What about memories and flashbacks? What about domestic violence? If you want to be equipped to help survivors in your church, this training is for you.
Topics for Women
Originally delivered at a Women’s Clergy Conference, this four part series of workshops are designed for women who spin many plates and desire to have more space in their lives for things that really matter. Heart lessons from trees will guide and inform the journey.
Why not say a person’s way of knowing God. Learn the differences in spiritual journeying between a man and a woman? How does a woman’s experience affect her relationship with God?
Seven Habits of Proverbs 31 Women (retreat)
- This week-end retreat includes the following seven seminars/workshops. Each of them could be a stand alone seminar/workshop as well)
- Heart’s Desires
- If we have anything really valuable to contribute to the world it will come through the expression of who we are, who God created us to be. This sets us apart and makes us different from any other person. Find your heart’s desires and be empowered to serve God faithfully and well from your heart. Psalm 37:4
- Quiet Please
- “Language has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone, and the word solitude to express the glory of being alone.” (Paul Tillich) Learn about the experience of being by yourself without feeling lonely. Psalm 23:2-3
- Energy in Motion
- Emotions are energy in motion. How is your energy? Learn about expression vs. depression, emotions and the immune system, and what happens when we repress emotions. Emotions – unresolved, unexpressed, and unhealed – mean that valuable energy is tied up trying to control and suppress them. Be free to love God, others and yourself more deeply and well.
- Juicy Living
- Why is our body so important? How do we inhabit this body temple with joy and gladness? Instead of living in our bodies, we often live in our heads. We lose touch with our physical sensation – our “gut” instincts. Learn how to connect to your body temple and live the juicy life God has in mind for you! Psalm 32:3-5
- Laughing Out Loud
- The angels must laugh sometimes at us humans and our predicaments! We can tell by the animal kingdom that God has a sense of humor. Research about the benefits of laughter show how incredibly important this topic is. Learn to make laughter a part of your life, even your spiritual life. After all, laughing at yourself is a sign of maturity. Proverbs 17:22
- Finding Your Inner Artist
- Creativity is a sacred gift to us from God. When we express it, we are giving the gift back to God. Discover the 10 killers of creativity. Learn how play and creativity are linked. Experience several ways to express your creativity. “Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers.” Luke 12:27
- How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Heart’s Desires
- Who broke every cultural taboo in the book to get close to Jesus? What mother refused to take Jesus’ oft repeated “no” for an answer? What foreigner had a theological discussion with Jesus and inspired a whole town to believe? Learn the startling answers to these questions and many more at the Women of the Good News Retreat. Roberta Fish, as a religion professor, spent over 15 years researching and teaching about women of the Bible. Understanding the lush learning that permeates their stories through this research-based, culturally-grounded, and user-friendly biblical study will delight and inspire you. Explore the lives of the Hemorrhaging Woman, the Bent-over Woman, the Woman at the Well, the Syro-Phoenician Woman, Mary and Martha, and Mary, the Mother of Jesus. If you want to expand your knowledge of the women of the Gospels and deepen your relationship with Jesus, this retreat is for you. Roberta is writing a book on this topic.
January 20 – February 24 – Wednesdays, 7:00-8:15, Do I Have to Give up Me to Be Loved by You? Marriage Seminar, McDonald Road Church in McDonald, TN.
February 7 – Presentation, Steadfast Love in the Face of Grief and Loss, Adventist Retired Workers, Collegedale, TN.
August 12-13 – Presentation, Principles of Jesus’ Ministry, RA Retreat at Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, TN
August 25-28 – Main Presenter and Workshop Leader at Women’s Release Conference at Bayview Eden Hotel, in Melbourne, Australia
October 1 – Facilitate one-day Women’s Retreat, Create, Rejuvenate, and Grow at Michigan City Church, Michigan City, IN
October 15 – Sermon – three services on “Radical Forgiveness” for Women’s Ministry Emphasis Day, at Arlington SDA Church, Arlington, TX. Link to the sermon on Vimeo
December 2-3 – Sermon and Seminar Series on Discovering Your Personal Mission Statement and Boundaries, at East Ridge SDA Church, Chattanooga, TN. womans-ministries_flyer_proof5
January 30-31, 2015 – Divorce Recovery and Abuse Recovery Seminars at Relevent, the first Ontario Conference Ministries Convention, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
March 4 – April 8, 2015 – Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training, Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:15 at McDonald Road Church, 5440 McDonald Rd, McDonald, TN
July 1-11, 2015 – Booth and Book Signing at the General Conference, San Antonio, Texas
August 7 – 15, 2015 – Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training at Northern New England Camp Meeting, Freeport, ME
August 11, 2015 – Presentations at Northern New England Conference Camp Meeting, Women’s Ministry Meetings, Freeport, ME
October 19, 2015 – Presentation on Forgiveness from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Dunlap Church Women’s Ministries, Dunlap, TN
October 26, November 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30, 1915 – Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Training from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Collegedale Community Church, Collegedale, TN
January 3-4, 2014 – Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart Seminar at Carmel SDA Church, 14535 Carey Rd, Carmel, IN 46033. Friday 7:00-9:00 PM. Sabbath morning sermon 11:00AM. Sabbath afternoon 2:00-5:00PM
January 31-February 2, 2014 – NAD Health Summit, Book Signing and Booth at Doubletree by Hilton, Orlando Downtown, 60 South Ivanhoe Boulevard, Orlando, Florida, 32804. Facilitating a 12-Hour Training during Track 4 – Ministering Hope to the Hurting Heart
May 1-4, 2014 – Presenter at the Summit on Abuse, General Conference Headquarters in Silver Springs, MD
June 22-27, 2014 – Women’s Prayer Breakfast Speaker in South Lancaster, MA at the Southern New England Camp Meeting
June 23-27, 2014 – Women’s Ministries Presenter in South Lancaster, MA at the Southern New England Camp Meeting on Living Juiced – Topic included: Boundaries for Christians, Extending Forgiveness, Many Faces and Fixes of Stress, Understanding Grief, Finding Your Personal Mission Statement. juiced 1 Program Booklet 2014
July 18-19, 2014 – Speaker at the Central Nebraska Camp Meeting, Lexington, NE. CNC_2014
August 4-5. 2014 – Presenter at the Pastors and Teachers Retreat, Indiana Conference
September 5-7, 2014 – Facilitator of the Women’s Ministry Retreat, Northern New England Conference of SDA at Camp Lawroweld in Weld, ME
September 25-28, 2014 – Seminar Presenter at North American Division Women’s Convention, Orlando, FL
What others are saying…
Because of this retreat, I finally know God has accepted me as his daughter. Roberta, thank-you so much. – RS
Roberta was a great teacher and she helped me to discover ways to get in touch with God. Looking at dreams, creating a sacred space, silence, remembering, celebration, and joy were all wonderful. I found the retreat both fun and educational. Some of the stories participants shared were very moving and with each story my respect for them grew. – DC
I didn’t know there were so many women in the Bible. They played direct and indirect roles with each other. I liked this seminar; it made me open my eyes to the Bible. Thank-you, Pastor Fish. – “MS”
I found Roberta to be inspiring and entertaining. The idea to start prayer journaling was reinforced by her encouragement. Especially useful was her advice and practical demonstration to “just start writing.” These words of advice were greatly beneficial to me because I was having a hard time getting started. – CJ